Better late than never…right?

Ok…so, it’s almost been a month, but it’s not like I’ve been NOTHING for the last month.  Almost exactly a month ago, I went out scrapping for the night.  I got 4 layouts semi done, and while I loved what I did, I haven’t done a single thing with them (like finishing the journaling or the titles, or even adhered the pictures on the last one!)  I hurt my elbow…to the point where it hurt to extend my arm, that’s healing nicely, without the help of a doctor:)  Added to my pain, was twice weekly karate sessions, brownies, tumbling and softball conditioning, and well, didn’t leave a lot of me time.  We’re down to two things again, and I’ve been encourage to resume blogging.  So, I’m going to pick up where I left you last month.

My journal!  I love it!  Though I do need to make a couple of minor adjustments for it to be fully functional, I’m very pleased with the end result.  Here is is in all it’s glory:

picture-026

I inked up the edges with a cats eye because I figured that it’s going to be distressed anyways after a couple of days in my purse.  Notice the prima’s?  Yeah…they aren’t suppose to be there, but I mispunched my holes…you can see those here:

picture-034-crop

That’s the back of the book.  Anyways, no mistakes, just a chance to embellish right?  That’s what I’m going for!

So, I added three sections…along with dividers that I have the intention of putting pockets, we’ll see if I get around to that!

picture-031-crop

I also have a calendar and notes section.  I’m so very pleased, minus the mistakes that I made, but I could see myself making more of these.  It was pretty quick, and putting in the fixes that I didn’t factor in the first time around would make it even quicker!

What I would do differently:

  1. I wouldn’t use liquid adhesieve (too long of a drying time and caused some bubbles/bumpiness).  Just a good sticking tape and running it everywhere!
  2. Make sure that I punched the holes either evenly across the project or barring that I wouldn’t want to have to figure that out (and the front embellishment might hinder that) I would make sure that I had the project in order so when I was punching holes I knew that they were all lined up.
  3. Pockets on the dividers since I’m always looking for a place to stick things…oh, an even better idea would be to have ‘envelope’ files in there to house those little papers/receipts/etc. that I’d like to be able to find later!
  4. I would add ribbon…so maybe use papers that I had some ribbon that would work.  Again, that whole thinking it out prior to making the first cut!

Ok, so preplanning isn’t in my nature, and my ideas in my head are always better…believe me, it looked AWESOME in my mind, but I’m still happy that I accomplished it, and that I now have something great to pull out and let people tell me how awesome it is (again, that whole in my mind thing!) 

Rae

PS…It feels great to be back:)

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: